Friday, April 27, 2012

For the first time in 25 years

I'll be eating meat for dinner. Here's what I'll be having...


This is a lamb patty with a salad.

The lamb is grass fed, from a local organic farm near Santa Fe.

I've been either a vegetarian or a vegan since I was in my twenties. I added fish a couple years ago. I had to give some serious thought to whether I wanted to add chicken and meat back into my diet. It's been a mental tug of war all week.

My decision boiled down to one question. How will I know if eating a primal diet will benefit me if I don't fully embrace it?

I'm also committing to this lifestyle for one year. I have usually have diet ADD, I don't stick to one plan for more than a month. This time will be different. For one year I'll follow a primal diet. My hope is that I'll be a primal marathoner beyond 365 days. I'll evaluate my progress next April.

Tomorrow I'm having a big salad with local organic chicken...



For now I'll be getting my meat meals from a local, organic restaurant. Maybe in a month or so I'll attempt to cook some in my kitchen.

This should be an interesting year....

No comments:

Post a Comment