Sunday, April 8, 2012

My first grain free ultra

12 hours, 40 miles
No grains
Done!

I completed the Pickled Feet 12 hour race last Saturday in Boise. This race was my last one before my 50 miler in April. One of my goals was to stay on my feet for the entire 12 hours. The other goal was to stay away from all the processed carbs that are offered at these events.

Holy cow, there were lots of carby treats. The food tent was full of pizza, muffins and bagels. Luckily I came prepared with my own food bag. I brought bananas, apples, a grain free protein bar and a baked yam.

I'll be back later with a full report..

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog so far! Best to you in your transition to a more primal way of life! It's a change that I happily made. I would love to read a full report of your 12 hour event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by malvs2walk!
    Switching from a vegetarian to a primal diet should be interesting. The Good, the bad and the ugly, I'm committed to blogging about all of it!
    I'll keep reading your blog for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete