Sunday, April 29, 2012

Whole30

Today I'm starting the Whole30 Challenge  www.whole9life.com...


Here's a photo of my first meal...



I would have liked triple the amount of fruit. The guidelines say that fruit should only be a side dish. I want to follow the rules so I'll make sure I watch my fruit intake. At least I could have a big cup of coffee!

I'm going to blog on a daily basis during the challenge. I'm also going to try and take at least one food photo a day.

Tonight my husband and I are going out for dinner. I'm ordering a salad with grilled chicken. He's going to fall on the floor when he sees me eating meat!


UPDATE...I have a marathon this coming Saturday. The Whole30 folks recommend not doing excessive exercise in the first 2 weeks of the program. Since I'm still having nightmares of bonking from last weekend's 50, I'm pushing back my start date to next Sunday. The timing is good since I don't have another marathon until June 3.
I'll use this week to transition back to a carnivore.

No comments:

Post a Comment