Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I'm a work in progress


Since my ultra race in Boise, I've taken a bit of a "detour".

I'm not discouraged, I'm just figuring out what I'll be eating when I make the switch to real deal primal.

I've been a vegetarian/vegan for about 20 years. In the last year or so, I added fish into my diet. I also eat eggs and dairy.

I don't think I can do meat yet. Maybe in a couple months. Maybe never. I'm not concerning myself with this issue yet. My biggest challenge is what I need to eliminate, grains and sugar.

I may be wishy washy today. But one thing I know for sure....

On April 23 I turn 55 years old. On my birthday I will be fully switched to a primal diet. I'm hopeful that this will be my diet for the next 55 years ( I plan on living to 110). At the minimum, it will be my diet for the next 12 months. I will be a primal marathoner for at least 1 year.

I keep my promises. Last year on my birthday I committed to training for a 50 mile race. Next weekend I'll be completing it in Las Vegas. Compared to that challenge, eating a primal diet for a year might not be too hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment