Saturday, April 28, 2012

I made a primal dessert today

and it's freakin' delicious!

Here it is...


-I cut up strawberries and a mango.
-Whipped up the fat in a can of coconut milk.
-Toasted coconut flakes with some cinnamon and sea salt.
-Layered all of it in a pretty parfait glass.

It's crazy good. Some variation of this will be my dessert for the next 30 days.

I've switched things up a bit, I'm starting Whole30 tomorrow instead of the Clean Program. The main reason? I can drink coffee on Whole30!

I've weaned myself down to one cup a day but I just don't want to give up coffee. I've been experimenting with herbal teas but they're just not the same. I admit it..I'm addicted to coffee and don't want to change!

Coffee, I can't quit you
The good news is that I've weaned off of sugar and grains. I've even switched my daily glass of wine ( I drink it for the antioxidants!) for sparkling water.

I think I've taken the steps needed to succeed at Whole30. My official start date is tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment